The coordinator is responsible for the Anesthesia department billing and operations rendered by CCI providers. The coordinator is responsible for the analyses, development and submission of billing data for CCI providers. They work closely with site leadership (Chief Anesthesiologist and/or Chief CRNA) in providing administrative and clerical support to the Anesthesia team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and creating spreadsheets.
- Healthcare billing or administrative type experience required or other relevant experience.
- Preferred experience with Epic, MedAxiom or EMR systems and QGenda or scheduling software.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
The statements described here are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Anesthesia billing responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and submit billing data and reports including reviews to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- Work with providers to correct documentation errors; researches and provides supporting documentation and answers questions for follow-up information promptly to the billing company and works with providers to correct any documentation errors.
- Assure all records are complete and included in information submitted to the billing company.
- Reviews data with the electronic medical record (EMR) for accuracy, billing and operational needs.
- Inputs patient data and daily scheduled cases into EMR and other data collection/billing applications as appropriate.
- Assist CCI’s Medical Staff Services department with obtaining billing enrollment documents and documents required for CCI’s provider data base, as well as expediting reappointment packets.
Anesthesia operations responsibilities:
- Assists with the recruiting process of new providers by creating site visit schedules, itineraries and compiling information for interviews and provider visits.
- Assists with on-boarding & scheduling of new providers, residents and students for orientation, EMR training, badges, scrubs, locker access, orientation folder compilation, onboarding paperwork completion etc.
- Assists CCI Medical Staff Services and/or the hospital office to help facilitate credentialing and privileging of incoming providers or for those providers who need to re-credential including records of ACLS, PALS, BLS, certifications, TB assessment, DEA, references Malpractice insurance etc.
- Communicates urgent operational issues to Regional Director of Operations (RDO) or Vice President, Operations when RDO is not available.
- Assists with the daily schedule for assigning providers to rooms, updating QGenda schedules and communicates them out.
- Develops and maintains a successful working relationship with key departments within the health system to help accomplish anesthesia objectives.
- Develops and maintains records & files of all active providers, historical records and anesthesia policies.
- Miscellaneous administrative support including, but not limited to, scheduling classes for providers, preparing meeting agendas, attending meetings, ordering catering for meetings, keeping meeting & break rooms clean, take notes and prepare minutes, preparing departmental mailings; assuring photo blocks from OB and OR are documented and signed; ordering and obtaining supplies as requested etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the site Chief, clinical staff and CCI RDO.
Monday-Friday, day shift with a preference of 8am-4:30pm, but can be flexible within 7am-5:30pm for the set eight-hour shift.
Typical healthcare office environment
Onsite work at Unity Point Health; Rock Island, Iowa location as primary office site. The Unity Point Health: Moline, Iowa location will require periodic visits and work.
Travel is required within health system sites of service